New to 2019!
Churchills Local Northern lights experience!
We have been working on a Northern lights tour to trump all northern lights tours! This all inclusive package was put together by a Locally owned tour company with Local guides!
This package offers almost every option to view Churchills amazing Northern lights all wrapped up into one option! With a few very unique options that are exclusive to North Star Tours!.
*Dates subject to change
Group size is no larger than 14 (we like to keep our groups small!)
Packaged tour departure dates from Winnipeg:
Trip #1 ( Very limited space please inquire)
Departure - Feb 19th (plane), Feb 17th (train) Return - Flight 23rd
Trip #2 (Very limited space please inquire)
Departure - Feb 28 (plane), Feb 26 (train), 2019. Return - flight March 4th
Price: *Prices in Canadian funds*
$3317.00 +13% tax per person not including transportation to Churchill.
$5152.00 +13% tax per person includes round trip airfare Winnipeg to Churchill.
$5152.00 +13% tax per person includes VIA Rail ticket to Churchill & flight back to Winnipeg.
Enclosed Cabin supplement: $650.00
*All meals included in Berth or Cabin pricing
*Please note rail & flight pricing are subject to availability*
· Choice of: Round trip flight Winnipeg to Churchill, OR Train from Winnipeg to Churchill & flight Churchill to Winnipeg
· 4 Nights accommodation at Churchill’s most recently renovated and modern hotel, Polar Inn & Suites https://www.polarinn.com/
· All meals provided. Snacks available during the evening.
· Cold Weather clothing manufactured by a local Churchill clothing company, DOWN FILLED POLAR ADVENTURE CLOTHING (Parka, ski pants & winter boots.)
· An evening at Churchill’s world famous Aurora Domes.
· An evening at Churchill’s newest Northern lights attraction, a modern Mongolian Yurt.
· An evening at a remote cabin in a historic location known at “Lighting Mountain.” Transportation via custom made Canadian track vehicle’s, a classic Bombardier B12 and a NODWELL.
· An evening at Prince of Whales Fort, a remote location rarely visited during the winter months. Here you will have a chance to see and photograph the interesting pressure ice.
· Prince of Whales Fort guided tour by Parks Canada.
· Dog Sled ride with Churchill River Mushing.
· Town & Area tour with North Star Tours (Includes visit at Eskimo Museum / Itsanitaq Museum.)
· Cultural Presentation by a Local Hunter/Trapper.
· Parks Canada presentation at the train station.
Potential wildlife sightings Ptarmigan, Arctic Fox, Arctic Hare, Moose, Cariboo, Snowy Owls
What’s Not Included
Accommodation in Winnipeg
Winter hat, gloves & neck warmer
Tour Documents / Booking
Accommodation: Polar Inn & Suites
Polar Inn & Suites is situated on the edge of the arctic near the Hudson Bay in Churchill. It is Churchill’s most modern accommodation facility.
What you need to bring
· Warm clothing! We recommend layers, neck warmer, beanie, gloves & mitts.
(We suggest having thin gloves under mitts so you can remove your hands to manipulate a camera without exposing your skin). Items are available for purchase in hotel gift shop.
· Extra batteries! The cold will drain your battery life at a rate you might not expect. Keep on top of your charging in the community of Churchill!
· If you have USB power banks to charge your phone and a USB charger for your camera batteries, we suggest bringing these to be prepared!
Please note: Scheduling for all activities in Churchill is flexible in order to accommodate varying weather conditions.